SOCIOLOGY ADMISSIONS 2016-17:
- THE LAST DATE FOR APPLYING FOR MA PROGRAM (2016-17 session) IN SOCIOLOGY IS 24th MAY, 2016
- THE LAST DATE FOR APPLYING FOR THE M.PHIL AND PHD PROGRAMS (2016-17 session) IN SOCIOLOGY IS 31st MAY 2016.
- Please visit the Home Page of University of Delhi to apply online for M.A./M.Phil and Ph.D. Programmes for the 2016-2017 session.
- Please click here to access the Bulletin of information for Postgraduate and Master's Courses.
- Please read the University of Delhi's Press Release regarding M.Phil/Ph.D. Admissions for the years 2016-2017: Press Release on 13.05.16
- Please read the University of Delhi's Press Release's regarding Post Graduate Admissions for the years 2016-17: Press release on 27.04.16; Press Release on 28.04.16
- Please click here for details about the pattern of the admission test for MA Sociology
- Please Click here for information regarding the Department Level test and interview for M.Phil Admissions 2016-17
- Please Click here for information regarding the Department Level Test and interview for Ph.D. Admissions 2016-17
- Applications are invited for Ad hoc Assistant Professor/Guest Lecturer in the department of Sociology.(Academic Semester 2016-17, Last date to apply: 6 June 2016).
- Professor Nandini Sundar has been awarded the Ester Boserup Prize of 2016. In connection with the ceremony, Professor Sundar will give a public lecture on: 27 May 2016 in Copanhagen.
- Click here to read department's Annual Report 2014-15.
- Click for information about access to Campus Wi-Fi facilty and here for Wi-Fi Registration Form.
- Click here for the List of holidays 2016
- Click here for Resources on Academic Writing, Referencing and Plagiarism
The faculty of the Department consists of distinguished scholars. They are actively associated with the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) and the UGC.
Under the CAS Program, international and national scholars are invited to spend time at the Department and be part of its ongoing activities and programs. Visiting Fellows meet and take some classes with M.A. and/or M.Phil students, depending on their interests and expertise.
M.A. in Sociology
The M.A. in Sociology is a two-year, full-time course divided into two parts, consisting of four Semesters.
M.Phil. in Sociology
M. Phil. in Sociology is a full time one year research degree course.
Ph.D. in Sociology
Since its inception in 1959, the Ph.D. Programme at the Department of Sociology has produced more than hundred doctorates.
The Department of Sociology is the hub of a number of academic and co-curricular activties
The Sociological Research Colloquium (SRC) is an important institution of the Department to which scholars from other universities both in India and abroad contribute regularly.
The Department of Sociology brings out an occasional paper series.