- Shortlist of Candidates for Interview for Ph.D. (Jan-Feb 2016)
- The compulsory course work, Course - I, Research Methods, for the new entrants in the PhD programme is scheduled to start from the 1st of February, 2016. The first class will be held on 1st February, (Monday) 2 pm in the classroom on the ground floor. Click here for the Course outline.
- Click here to read department's Annual Report 2014-15.
- Deadlines for Research Scholars Workshop in March 2016.
- Time Table for M.A. II and IV Semester
- Click for information about access to Campus Wi-Fi facilty and here for Wi-Fi Registration Form.
- Click here for the List of holidays 2016
- Click here for the Academic Calendar for 2015-16.
- Click here for Resources on Academic Writing, Referencing and Plagiarism
Events, February 2016:
- February, 3: Pre-Ph.D. Submission Seminar “Rethinking family-A Study of Lone Parent families in an Urban Setting” by Anurita Jalan at 3:00 PM.
- February, 5: Research Colloquium "Between the Law and the Street: Political Publicity in Tamil News Media" by Francis Cody at 3:00 PM.
- February, 10: Pre-Ph.D. Submission Seminar “The Changing Socio-Economic Life of Peasants in UP with Special Reference to the process of Depeasantization” by Nirdosh Kumar at 3:00 PM.
- February, 17: Pre-Ph.D. Submission Seminar “Pregnancy and childbirth: Issues of choice, control and woman's body” by Garima Yadav at 3:00 PM.
- February, 19: Research Colloquium "Negotiating with Development: A Community at the Intersections of Acceptance and Resistance" by R. Indira at 3:00 PM.
- February, 24: Pre-Ph.D. Submission Seminar " “How social is Corporate Social Responsibility?”- A Sociological Analysis of CSR ” by Nidhitha Sreekumar at 3:00 PM.
The faculty of the Department consists of distinguished scholars. They are actively associated with the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) and the UGC.
Under the CAS Program, international and national scholars are invited to spend time at the Department and be part of its ongoing activities and programs. Visiting Fellows meet and take some classes with M.A. and/or M.Phil students, depending on their interests and expertise.
M.A. in Sociology
The M.A. in Sociology is a two-year, full-time course divided into two parts, consisting of four Semesters.
M.Phil. in Sociology
M. Phil. in Sociology is a full time one year research degree course.
Ph.D. in Sociology
Since its inception in 1959, the Ph.D. Programme at the Department of Sociology has produced more than hundred doctorates.
The Department of Sociology is the hub of a number of academic and co-curricular activties
The Sociological Research Colloquium (SRC) is an important institution of the Department to which scholars from other universities both in India and abroad contribute regularly.
The Department of Sociology brings out an occasional paper series.