M.A. SOCIOLOGY ADMISSIONS 2016-17:
- Click here to access the MA Admission Lists and Notices. Sixth List is now available on this page.
- Information about Tie-Breaker for Entrance Mode as well as direct mode of Admission in MA Programme
- Click here to access the result of the M.A. Sociology Entrance test 2016
- Please click here to access the Bulletin of Information for Postgraduate and Master's Courses.
M.Phil SOCIOLOGY ADMISSIONS 2016-17:
- Click here for the M.Phil second Admission list
- Orientation programme for the students of M.Phil., 2016-17 session.
- Click here for the List of Candidates Provisionally selected for Admission in M.Phil Programme 2016
- Click here to access the result of M.Phil Sociology Entrance test 2016
Ph.D. SOCIOLOGY ADMISSIONS 2016-17:
- Click here for List of Candiates shortlisted for Admission in the Ph.D. Programme
- Click here to access the result of Entrance test, 2016, for Ph.D.in Sociology
News and Information
- Time table for M.Phil. - 2016 Batch. Download Form for Student Preferences for Course Work - 2016 Batch
- Research Colloquium "The Syrian Refugee Crisis in Germany: Erotic Conflict and Foreigner Integration" by Prof. John Borneman, on 2nd Sept. 2016 at 3.00 PM
- Office timings for Admission Related Work
- Check the time table for M.A. Ist and 3rd Semester 2016
- Click here for the University of Delhi's Academic Calendar 2016-17
- Click for information about access to Campus Wi-Fi facilty and here for Wi-Fi Registration Form.
- Click here for the List of holidays 2016
- Click here for Resources on Academic Writing, Referencing and Plagiarism
The faculty of the Department consists of distinguished scholars. They are actively associated with the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) and the UGC.
Under the CAS Program, international and national scholars are invited to spend time at the Department and be part of its ongoing activities and programs. Visiting Fellows meet and take some classes with M.A. and/or M.Phil students, depending on their interests and expertise.
M.A. in Sociology
The M.A. in Sociology is a two-year, full-time course divided into two parts, consisting of four Semesters.
M.Phil. in Sociology
M. Phil. in Sociology is a full time one year research degree course.
Ph.D. in Sociology
Since its inception in 1959, the Ph.D. Programme at the Department of Sociology has produced more than hundred doctorates.
The Department of Sociology is the hub of a number of academic and co-curricular activties
The Sociological Research Colloquium (SRC) is an important institution of the Department to which scholars from other universities both in India and abroad contribute regularly.
The Department of Sociology brings out an occasional paper series.