News and Information
- The Political Economy of Armed Conflict in Manipur: A Sociological Study. 30 March 2017
- Formations of a Political Subject: An ethnography of feminist movement in Kerala. 30 March 2017
- Research Colloquim: New Queer Politics: Notes on Failure and Stuckness;31st March, 2017
- Notice about Adhoc Lectureships in Sociology in Various Colleges of Delhi
- Notice - Insufficient Attendance - Tutorial Program
- Click here for an Urgent Notice (Director DSE)
- Notice about Post Doctoral Fellowship in the Research Project Indian Cosmopolitan Alternatives
- Time Tables for M.A. Sociology 2016-2017.
- Click here for the University of Delhi's Academic Calendar 2016-17
- Click for information about access to Campus Wi-Fi facilty and here for Wi-Fi Registration Form.
- Click here for the List of holidays 2017
- Click here for Resources on Academic Writing, Referencing and Plagiarism
The faculty of the Department consists of distinguished scholars. They are actively associated with the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) and the UGC.
Under the CAS Program, international and national scholars are invited to spend time at the Department and be part of its ongoing activities and programs. Visiting Fellows meet and take some classes with M.A. and/or M.Phil students, depending on their interests and expertise.
The Department of Sociology is the hub of a number of academic and co-curricular activities
The Sociological Research Colloquium (SRC) is an important institution of the Department to which scholars from other universities both in India and abroad contribute regularly.
The Department of Sociology brings out an occasional paper series.
Forthcoming Research Colloquium
New Queer Politics: Notes on Failure and Stuckness;31st March, 2017
New Queer Politics: Notes on Failure and Stuckness By Oishik Sircar Assistant Professor, Jindal Global Law School. On Friday, 31st March, 2017 Venue:...Read more