- Click here for M.A. Time Table 2015-16 Session
- Click here for the announcement regarding Ph.D. Admissions July 2015 Session.
- Click here for details about the Application Forms for M.Phil Programme, 2015-16
- Click to read Department's Annual Report 2013-14
- Click here to read Student Magazine XANADU third issue
- Click here for the Academic Calendar for 2015-16.
- Click here for the list of DU holidays in 2015.
- Click here for Resources on Academic Writing, Referencing and Plagiarism
The faculty of the Department consists of distinguished scholars. They are actively associated with the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) and the UGC.
Under the CAS Program, international and national scholars are invited to spend time at the Department and be part of its ongoing activities and programs. Visiting Fellows meet and take some classes with M.A. and/or M.Phil students, depending on their interests and expertise.
M.A. in Sociology
The M.A. in Sociology is a two-year, full-time course divided into two parts, consisting of four Semesters.
M.Phil. in Sociology
M. Phil. in Sociology is a full time one year research degree course.
Ph.D. in Sociology
Since its inception in 1959, the Ph.D. Programme at the Department of Sociology has produced more than hundred doctorates.
The Department of Sociology is the hub of a number of academic and co-curricular activties
The Sociological Research Colloquium (SRC) is an important institution of the Department to which scholars from other universities both in India and abroad contribute regularly.
The Department of Sociology brings out an occasional paper series.