News and Information
- Notice regarding interview for One Post of accountant-cum-stenographer for University of Delhi-University of Oslo Collaborative Research Project.
- Research Colloquium: " Making Sexual Subjects: From Agency to 'Majburi' " by Dr. Svati Shah, on 28th October 2016 at 3:00 P.M.
- Click here for information about Young Scholars Workshop being organised by Indian Sociological Society. The last date for sending in the application is extended to 10th of October.
- Check the time table for M.A. Ist and 3rd Semester 2016
- Click here for the University of Delhi's Academic Calendar 2016-17
- Click for information about access to Campus Wi-Fi facilty and here for Wi-Fi Registration Form.
- Click here for the List of holidays 2016
- Click here for Resources on Academic Writing, Referencing and Plagiarism
The faculty of the Department consists of distinguished scholars. They are actively associated with the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) and the UGC.
Under the CAS Program, international and national scholars are invited to spend time at the Department and be part of its ongoing activities and programs. Visiting Fellows meet and take some classes with M.A. and/or M.Phil students, depending on their interests and expertise.
M.A. in Sociology
The M.A. in Sociology is a two-year, full-time course divided into two parts, consisting of four Semesters.
M.Phil. in Sociology
M. Phil. in Sociology is a full time one year research degree course.
Ph.D. in Sociology
Since its inception in 1959, the Ph.D. Programme at the Department of Sociology has produced more than hundred doctorates.
The Department of Sociology is the hub of a number of academic and co-curricular activties
The Sociological Research Colloquium (SRC) is an important institution of the Department to which scholars from other universities both in India and abroad contribute regularly.
The Department of Sociology brings out an occasional paper series.