Department of Sociology
Delhi School of Economics
University of Delhi, Delhi 110007
Date: 27 September, 2013.
Subject: Invitation of quotations for Award of Non-Comprehensive Annual Maintenance Contract for Computers and Printers in the Department of Sociology
The Department of Sociology, University of Delhi, intends to award a non-comprehensive Annual Maintenance Contract (2013-14) for approximately 35-45 computer units (including UPS and Printer). Vendors may obtain further details on the units from the Computer Committee of the Department. The following would be the terms and conditions for the award of the AMC:
1. The vendor will attend within a period of two working days to all computer related complaints arising in the Department which are communicated via email or phone.
2. Regardless of complaints, the vendor will visit the Department at least once every week and check and sign the complaints register on every visit.
3. The vendor will take responsibility for updating the unit-wise maintenance record of all computers as per the format specified. The vendor will also maintain a record of all removals of units or parts for repairs and seek the prior permission of the convener of the computer committee for such removals/replacements.
4. Any units or parts which require repair/replacement should be repaired and returned to full functioning order within a period of one week.
5. The vendor will ensure that each computer within the AMC is secured by an anti-virus software and aid in its upgrading if required.
6. The satisfactoriness of all tasks carried out by the vendor should be verified by the complainant/convener or member of computer committee on a designated form which the vendor will submit to the office after the completion of the task.
7. The vendor will submit to the computer committee a written quarterly report on the status of all units (i.e., four times a year) in the format specified.
8. The vendor will be paid the annual sum agreed upon in four equal installments at the end of each quarter within the period of the AMC. The payment will be conditional upon the submission of the quarterly status report mentioned in clause 7
9. If the services provided by the vendor are found to be unsatisfactory in any way, the Department may cancel the AMC after a show cause notice is served to the vendor and a satisfactory response not received within a period of ten days. In the event of a premature termination of the AMC, the vendor will only be paid the amount due for the period prior to the termination, calculated on a pro-rata basis.
10. All matters pertaining to the AMC will be settled by the Department’s computer committee whose decisions will be final.
Interested parties may send in sealed quotes (per computer unit as specified above) stating their acceptance of the above terms and conditions and contact details within a period of ten days from the issue of this invitation addressed to the Head of the Department, Department of Sociology, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007. The envelope should be marked Computer AMC 2013-14. Quotations received after the last date will not be accepted.
Head of the Department