Ref. No.Socio/2016/ 11 April 2016
Applications are invited on the prescribed form available on the University Website (www.du.ac.in/forms/form-teaching-eng.pdf) for the following position:
Research Associate: (1)
1. Good academic record with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PH) or an equivalent grade at the Master’s degree level in Sociology or a related discipline from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from a foreign University.
2. Holding a Ph.D. degree.
3. Published work in the related field indicating the ability to conduct independent research.
A 1500 words length research proposal on a topic other than that of his/her Ph.D. should be enclosed with the application.
Scale of Pay: Rs.16,000/- per month (consolidated) + HRA (as admissible under rules in force in the University from time to time).
The appointment will be for a maximum of five years renewable each year on the basis of a progress report submitted by the incumbent.
1. It will be open to the Department to consider names of suitable candidates who might not have applied.
2. Merely fulfilling the minimum qualification or the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be considered or called for the interview.
3. Applications received after the last date may be considered.
4. The Department reserves the right not to fill up the vacancies advertised if the circumstances so warrant.
5. Relaxation of any of the qualifications may be made in exceptional cases on the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
The applications may be submitted in hardcopy latest by Monday, 25 April 2016 in the office of the Department of Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007.
(Prof. Abhijit Dasgupta)
Head of the Department