Ph.D. scholars of the Department of Sociology are expected to give a seminar prior to submission of their thesis. This page lists the forthcoming and past Ph.D pre-submission seminars of the Department starting with the 2014 session.
- “Living Together but Separately: Everyday Lives on the Foothills of the Assam-Nagaland Border” (27 October, 2021)
- “Our Father’s Land: Descent, Land and Belonging in North Andaman” (21 October, 2021)
- “Female Domestic Workers in India: Reproduction of Gendered Labour in Urban Homes” (18 August, 2021)
- “Tribes and Notion of Land: Changes in Agrarian Structure and Social Relations Amongst the Tangkhul Nagas” (18th March 2021)
- “Life After Bail of Children in the Juvenile Justice System and Interventions by the State: A Case Study of Delhi” (15th March 2021)