Ph.D. scholars of the Department of Sociology are expected to give a seminar prior to submission of their thesis. This page lists the forthcoming and past Ph.D pre-submission seminars of the Department starting with the 2014 session.
- “Social Location and Political Assertion: An Ethnography of Everyday Student Activism” (11th May 2022)
- “Conceptualizing Reproductive Health and Family Planning Practices: A Study among Married Muslim Women in a Small Town of Uttar Pradesh” (22nd April 2022)
- “People Have Caste in Their Mind’: Understanding the Experience of Dalits in a Multi- Caste Neighbourhood in Urban North India” (8 December, 2021): This event has been CANCELLED
- “Living Together but Separately: Everyday Lives on the Foothills of the Assam-Nagaland Border” (27 October, 2021)
- “Our Father’s Land: Descent, Land and Belonging in North Andaman” (21 October, 2021)