Mr. Saumya Malviya, Research Student, Department of Sociology, University of Delhi, presented a Ph.D. pre-submission seminar entitled, “Metaphor and metonymy in the constitution of mathematical Knowledge: An Ethnographic Exploration”
When: Thursday, 25th July, 2019 at 3 p.m.
Where: M.N. Srinivas Seminar Room (First Floor), Department of Sociology, Delhi School of Economics
Convenor: Dr. Kamei Aphun
Latest Ph.D. Pre-Submission Seminars
- Pre-Submission Seminar: Kh. Neil Young: “Eroding island, shifting lives: Socio-ecological change on Majuli island, Assam”. Thursday, 17th November, 2022, 3:00pm.
- Pre-Submission Seminar: Virien Chopra: “How do comics communicate: Analysing semantic formations in comics”. Thursday, 20th October, 2022, 3:00pm.
- “Social Location and Political Assertion: An Ethnography of Everyday Student Activism” (11th May 2022)
- “Conceptualizing Reproductive Health and Family Planning Practices: A Study among Married Muslim Women in a Small Town of Uttar Pradesh” (22nd April 2022)
- “People Have Caste in Their Mind’: Understanding the Experience of Dalits in a Multi- Caste Neighbourhood in Urban North India” (8 December, 2021): This event has been CANCELLED